MINT - Motion INTelligence
MINT is a structured BASIC-like language, optimized for motion control and capable of complete machine contrl. MINT was originally created over 30 years ago to improve on the low-level mnemonic-style support typically provided for motion controllers. MINT radically speeds and simplifies the development of systems by providing a familiar and high-level approach to programming.
These advantages hold as true today, and MINT is now one of the most widely used motion programming languages in the world - used in over 100,000 systems.
MINT is a programmable language that can handle motion, communications, I/O logic and HMI tasks. Multitasking capabilities can greatly simplify program structure and execution, especially where motion, I/O and HMI tasks are intermixed. MINT is designed to be powerful and flexible yet easy to use. Click here to see an example of MINT.
MINT is supported on ABB's range of NextMove motion controllers and the MicroFlex and MotiFlex.intelligent servo drives.
ActiveX controls are supplied free of charge allowing complete programmability on the PC and development of complete machine control or HMI interfaces in many PC software development tools.
Key attributes of MINT motion:
- Easy to use BASIC-like motion control language, designed for real-time control
- Supports servo & stepper motor systems, allowing axes to be mixed
- Comprehensive ActiveX libraries for PC programming
- English keywords
- Multitasking capability
- User-defined variables & arrays
- User defined functions and procedures with local variables
- Math and bitwise operators
- Auto program execution on power-up from non volatile memory
- Speed, position & torque control
- Linear, circular and helical interpolation
- CAM, Splines and flying shear recipricol motion
- Master encoder or pulse following, software gearbox and virtual axes
- Trapezoidal- and S-shaped velocity profiles with jerk limitation
- Servo control loop with Proportional, Integral, Velocity feedback and Velocity feedforward, down to 100 microsec loop closure time
- Stepper control up to 1MHz step rate
- High speed registartion functions with Evenet driven response
- Interrupt capability on inputs
- Error recovery for limit & positional errors
- Flexible operator control over executing program using joystick, pushbuttons or serial terminal
Introducing MINT Lite for e100 drives
MINT Lite offers all the multitasking language power of our MINT motion controllers in single axis form and is now offered as standard on all e100 drives, free of charge or license fees. Click here for more infomation
A comprehensive set of ActiveX controls are supplied free of charge with ABB's motion controllers and servo drives for provide Windows programming. Programming languages such as Microsoft Visual Basic, Visual C++, Borland Delphi and LabVIEW are supported. In fact any PC programming interface supporting ActiveX controls can be used to interface to ABB's motion products.
The ActiveX controls give complete access to the MINT command set allowing motion programming and I/O sequencing to be performed on the PC. The ActiveX control will send commands to the controller over the PCIbus, serial port or USB port for immediate execution. It is even possible to execute a MINT application on the controller at the same time.
For more information:
MINT is a registered trademark of ABB